I was wondering for last many years that Is Individualism A Sin? You talk to any one and every one and they will come up with the theory that individualism leads to egoism. Well I do not think so.
- One devoted to one's own interests and advancement; an egocentric person.
- limited to or caring only about yourself and your own needs
- concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others
- An excessive or exaggerated sense of self-importance
- Belief in the primary importance of the individual and in the virtues of self-reliance and personal independence.
I guess just the definitions will not solve the purpose of the post. I was having this huge argument with a friend of mine that "Is thinking about oneself is bad" . Well the argument lead to "thinking about only yourself all the time is bad" of which is pretty much agreeable. But the real questions arise:-
- If you are hurt by one of your closed one? What are you gonna do? Sit and cry about the fact or just be sad for sometime and then move ahead in life
- Your loved one (*read Girlfriend/Boy friend ) ditched you, left you or you just broke up what you gonna do? Again sit and die over it? or just move ahead in life.
- Don't you think thinking too much about others hurts you too much and of which you have got no control. So just leave it or keep crying and dieing over it?
- Letting your pain of being ditched, left, cheated,lost someone should ruin your life or letting go all of this with out too much of trouble.
- Saying some one upfront that you love him/her but with out him/her the life would not stop it will still move on a sign of less love for the person?
"loving oneself is individualism not egoism."